TRIS AMINO™ Hydrochloride (HCl) is the newest addition to our TRIS AMINO product portfolio, and is manufactured in Sterlington, Louisiana, USA under ISO 9001:2015 with strict process controls in place. TRIS AMINO HCl is widely used as a diagnostic reagent, and in downstream processing (DSP) as a buffer in the purification of biopharmaceuticals. When combined with TRIS AMINO™ buffer grades in a 3:1 molar ratio, TRIS AMINO HCl functions effectively as a physiological buffer with pH between 7.3–7.5, making it ideal for a variety of biotechnology applications.
Advancion’s TRIS AMINO HCl is offered in two grades. The 99.0% pure TRIS AMINO HCl standard grade is a cost-effective choice, especially when extensive testing is not required. The TRIS AMINO HCl Biologics Plus grade is cGMP compliant and offers 99.5% purity. It is ideal for cell culture and molecular biology applications, or when more comprehensive testing is required. The Biologics Plus grade includes elemental impurity analysis by ICP-MS and comprehensive biologic testing, which includes DNase, RNase, protease, bioburden, endotoxin, yeast and mold testing.
- Commercial Purification (Downstream Processing) of Biological Molecules, Including Monoclonal Antibodies and Recombinant Proteins
- Raw Materials for API / Drug Substance Formulation
- Ideal as a Buffer for Biochemistry Including DNA, RNA and Protein Purification
- Buffer for Molecular Biology and Clinical Diagnostic Applications
- Research and Development (R&D) Buffer
- Buffer for Analytical Chromatography, Electrophoresis and PCR
- Non-Sterile Excipient
- Purity (Standard Grade) 99.0%
- Purity (Biologics Plus Grade) 99.5%
- Total heavy metals <5 ppm
- Molecular weight 157.6
- Melting point 150.0 — 153.0°C
- pH (1.0M aqueous solution) 3.7 — 4.7
- pKa @ 20°C 8.0 — 8.4
*Values shown are typical properties and are not to be considered product specifications. Test methods available upon request.
- High purity and product consistency
- Manufactured in the USA
- Produced under quality systems that include: ISO 9001:2015 and adheres to current IPEC guidelines for cGMP compliance
- Proven safe use in commercial drug products
Broadly registered for use in all major geographies
Need a Sample? Questions?
Fill out this form to contact our customer care team.
Would you like to*