ALKATERGE™ T is an oxazoline-based nonvolatile surface-active agent used as a corrosion inhibitor, emulsifier, and pigment dispersant in a variety of industrial applications. ALKATERGE T functions well as a primary emulsifier in forming water-in-oil emulsions and is particularly useful in products such as metal polishes and waxes. Thin coats of ALKATERGE T can be used to prevent corrosion of metals during shipment or storage. ALKATERGE T also is used either as an additive to improve the wetting of pigments in poorly wetting resins, or as the sole dispersing agent for the production of pigment slurries in nonaqueous solvents.
- Industrial and Automotive Coatings
- Resins and Emulsion Polymerization
- Pigment Slurries, Dispersions and Colorants
- Inks and Overprint Varnish
- Other Specialty Applications
- Paints and Coatings
- Adhesives and Sealants
- Building and Construction
- Epoxies, Polyurethanes and Other Reactive Chemistries
- Metal Forming Fluids
- Metal Removal Fluids
- Metal Cleaning Fluids
- Metal Protection Fluids
- Form Firm, waxy solid
- Active content (wt %) 60%
- Color 12 Gardner
- Solidification point 59°C
- Interfacial tension against water of 0.1% solution in mineral oil 1.8 dynes/cm
- Surface tension of saturated aqueous solution 30.4 dynes/cm
- Flash point (Tag closed cup) 93.3°C
- Solubility in water 0.01mL/100mL
*Values shown are typical properties and are not to be considered product specifications. Test methods available upon request.
- Provides superior corrosion inhibition
- Excellent emulsifying and stabilizing agent
- Helps prevent crystallization of wax polishes
- Enhances pigment dispersion
Broadly registered for use in all major geographies
Need a Sample? Questions?
Fill out this form to contact our customer care team.
Would you like to*