TRIS AMINO™ AC (Advanced Crystal) Buffer is manufactured exclusively by Advancion using proprietary process technology and is less prone to clumping and hardness – without any change to the molecule itself. TRIS AMINO AC Buffer has a unique crystal morphology with a larger, more rounded particle structure and does not typically form strong cakes even when subjected to elevated conditions that tend to contribute to clumping – a chronic industry problem when using traditional TRIS buffers, especially at larger scales.
Similar to other TRIS AMINO Buffer grades, TRIS AMINO AC Buffer offers a cost-effective solution for lab and commercial applications where regulatory requirements are less stringent and do not require a monograph or to be produced under cGMP. TRIS AMINO Buffer is manufactured under a single global quality management system that includes ISO 9001:2015, with process controls and monitoring in a non-cGMP environment. TRIS AMINO Buffer is commonly used in diagnostic testing and as a processing aid in the purification of biological molecules where it provides mild alkalinity for buffering at physiological pH levels.
Learn MORE about why clumping happens, and how the next-generation TRIS AMINO AC Advanced Crystals can provide critical operational benefits when it comes to handling and preparation.
- General Diagnostics Reagent
- CoV-SARS2 (COVID) Diagnostic Test Kits
- Processing Aid for Commercial Protein Purification (Biologics DSP)
- Raw Material for Insulin Manufacturing
- Small Molecule API Salt
- Research and Development (R&D) Applications
- Analytical Chromatography
- Electrophoresis and PCR
- pH Buffering of Enzymes in Biotechnology Applications
- Blood Plasma Fractionation
- Purity 99.9%
- Molecular weight 121.14
- Melting point 168-172°C
- pKa @ 20°C 8.3
- pKa @ 37°C 7.8
- pKa/°C -0.03
- pH of 0.1M aqueous solution (20°C) 10.4
- Δ pH/10X dilution -0.05 to -0.10
*Values shown are typical properties and are not to be considered product specifications. Test methods available upon request.
Clumping during transport and storage is a well-known and challenging characteristic of conventional TRIS buffer products. To address this long-standing industry challenge, Advancion Sciences developed the next generation TRIS AMINO™ AC Advanced Crystals, produced in our newly expanded, state-of-the art manufacturing facility in Ibbenbüren, Germany.
- Unique morphology reduces caking, making it less prone to clumping and hardness
- Low interparticle cohesion between crystals requires less energy to break up clumps if and when they do form
- More spherical crystals allow for improvements in dispensing and transport through conveyors
- Lower dust emissions due to fewer fine particles
- No additives or anti-clumping agents
- Manufactured in Germany under ISO 9001:2015 with strict process controls and monitoring
- Fully traceable supply chain with line of sight to the base materials
- Can maintain pH from 7 to 9 by utilizing a combination of free base and its salts
- Chemical stabilization in aqueous formulations and exhibits minimal salt effects
- Structure has both amine and alcohol functionality to provide versatile chemical reactivity
- State-of-the-art filling and packaging suites dedicated for Life Sciences products
Broadly registered for use in all major geographies
FDA Approval as an inactive ingredient in approved drug products
Listed on EPA inert ingredient database for non-food use
Need a Sample? Questions?
Fill out this form to contact our customer care team.
Would you like to*