DMAMP-80™ (80% 2-dimethylamino-2-methyl-1-propanol in an aqueous solution) is a high-performance tertiary amino alcohol used as a multifunctional additive or as a catalyst. With a moderate volatility, strong basicity, and high catalytic activity, DMAMP-80 can be used in a variety of industrial markets and end-use applications functioning as a resin solubilizer, emulsifier, synthetic intermediate, or as a catalyst for urethanes, epoxies and other reactive systems. As a multifunctional additive used in water-based formulations, DMAMP-80 provides pH control, dispersancy and stabilization of pigments, as well as excellent vapor phase corrosion inhibition. A low-water-content DMAMP™ REGULAR is also available for use in applications sensitive to water.
- Industrial and Automotive Coatings
- Epoxies, Polyurethanes and Other Reactive Chemistries
- Adhesives and Sealants
- Resins and Emulsion Polymerization
- Inks and Overprint Varnish
- Pharmaceutical Synthesis
- Metalworking Fluids
- Household and Industrial Cleaning
- Chemical Manufacturing and Synthesis
- Oil and Gas
- Form Liquid
- Color Colorless to light brown
- pKa @ 25°C 10.2
- Boiling point of active material (°C) 160
- Molecular weight 117
- Flash point (Tag closed cup) 67°C
- Solubility in water Miscible
*Values shown are typical properties and are not to be considered product specifications. Test methods available upon request.
- Efficient amine for neutralization of acid-functional ingredients (resins, corrosion inhibitors, etc.)
- Can be used in water-based polymer systems to provide exceptional in-formulation clarity, wettability and stability
- Excellent vapor-phase corrosion inhibitor in water-based hydraulic and metalworking fluids
- Excellent emulsifier with fatty acid
- Can help lower co-solvent demand to create formulations with a more favorable VOC profile
- Will not cause undesirable color development
- Scavenger of CO2 and H2S in oil and gas applications
Compliance to the Swiss Ordinance on Packaging inks (May 2017) replacing Ordinance 817.023.21: 2-(Dimethylamino)-2-methylpropan-1-ol is listed in annex 10 on this Ordinance. It can be used as a monomer, a solvent or an additive, and it is in Part B for each of these uses, which is the list of non-evaluated substances. It has, therefore, no SML.
When DMAMP™ is reacted with isocyanates, it can conform to CFR 175.105 under certain conditions.
Need a Sample? Questions?
Fill out this form to contact our customer care team.
Would you like to*