CORRGUARD™ LSA is a high-performance metalworking fluid additive consisting of primary amino alcohol chemistry with less than 0.75% secondary amine. The low secondary amine level of CORRGUARD LSA helps formulators meet increasingly stringent end-user and regulatory requirements, such as TRGS 611 in Germany. CORRGUARD LSA is 100% water soluble and provides high-efficiency neutralization, pH stability and corrosion control, and leaches less cobalt than most competitive amine chemistries used in today’s metalworking fluid formulations. It also enhances resistance to microbial degradation when used in conjunction with registered biocides. CORRGUARD LSA is available in multiple concentrations to support formulation and storage requirements, including CORRGUARD™ LSA 6000 (95% in aqueous solution), CORRGUARD™ LSA 7000 (90% in aqueous solution) and CORRGUARD™ LSA 8000 (75% in aqueous solution).
- Metal Forming Fluids
- Metal Removal Fluids
- Metal Cleaning Fluids
- Metal Protection Fluids
- Calculated amine value (mg KOH/g) 592
- Secondary amines <0.75%
- pKa @ 25°C 9.75
- pH (1% aqueous) 11.3
- Specific gravity @ 25°C 0.942
- Viscosity @ 25°C 147 mPa•s
- Freezing point -2°C
- Flash point (closed cup) 81°C
- Vapor pressure @ 20°C 0.34 mmHg
- Boiling point <165°C
- Solubility in water 100%
*Values shown are typical properties and are not to be considered product specifications. Test methods available upon request.
- Primary amine (with <0.75% secondary amine content)
- 100% water soluble
- Efficient neutralization, pH stability and corrosion control
- Leaches less cobalt than most competitive amines
- Helps enhance fluid longevity in combination with registered biocides
- Available in three different concentrations to support formulation and storage requirements
Broadly registered for use in all major geographies
Primary active ingredient is exempted by U.S. EPA from regulation as a volatile organic compound (2-amino-2-methyl-1-propanol; effective June 25, 2014)
Need a Sample? Questions?
Fill out this form to contact our customer care team.
Would you like to*