DMMOPA is a proprietary, new-to-market etheramine developed by Advancion for use in water-based resins, automotive and industrial coatings, inks, and other applications. DMMOPA was designed with several key properties valuable to formulators looking to improve manufacturing, application and dry-film performance in waterborne industrial formulations, including high volatility leading to better chemical resistance, water resistance and stain resistance of dry films; a wide solubility range; excellent compatibility with commonly used binder systems; and a high pKa for efficient neutralization. DMMOPA is supplied in anhydrous form and offers an inert tertiary amine functionality also making it suitable as a catalyst and in reactive 2K systems.
- Automotive OEM and Aftermarket Coatings
- Industrial Coatings
- Industrial Inks
- Resin Polymerization
- Catalytic Diluent in 2K Reactive Systems
- DMMOPA % by wt(b) >99.0
- Boiling point @ 760 mm Hg 119.9°C
- Specific gravity @ 20/20°C 0.82
- Flash point, Tag Closed Cup 22°C
- Solubility of DMMOPA in water
- @ 20°C/68°F, % by wt fully miscible
- Azeotrope with water:
- Boiling point @ 760 mm Hg 93°C
- Water in azeotrope, % by wt 30
*Values shown are typical properties and are not to be considered product specifications. Test methods available upon request.
- Functions as a secondary coalescing agent to help lower overall co-solvent demand of the system, resulting in a more favorable VOC (volatile organic compound) profile.
- Excellent release from the film due to its low boiling point and ability to form an azeotrope with water.
- Strong affinity for adsorption at pigment surfaces with excellent wetting properties.
- Helps create dry films more resistant to yellowing than other typical commodity tertiary amines such as triethylamine (TEA) and N,N-dimethylethanolamine (DMEA).
- Fully miscible with water, providing improved dispersion stability compared to more hydrophobic neutralizers.
- More fugitive than DMEA from aliphatic and aromatic carboxylate salts, enabling lower curing temperatures and potentially faster curing times.
- Improved dry film properties including film hardness, and water and solvent resistance.
- Does not negatively affect the stoichiometric ratio of chemical curing reactions due to the absence of active hydrogen.
Available in the U.S., Europe (REACH registered) and select Asian and South American markets; initial China registration completed.
Need a Sample? Questions?
Fill out this form to contact our customer care team.
Would you like to*