ZOLDINE™ ZA 78 is a unique oxazolidine-based, fast-reacting crosslinking agent for collagen and casein, as well as vegetable tanning materials (condensed tannins). This versatility allows ZOLDINE ZA 78 to be incorporated into many leather production processes, including pre-tanning, tanning, re-tanning and finishing, and it is an excellent candidate for formaldehyde replacement. ZOLDINE ZA 78 improves processing and finished-leather properties when used in combination with other tanning materials, such as chromium sulfate, aluminum sulfate, vegetable extracts (such as mimosa), phenolic syntans and others.
- Leather Tanning
- Form Low-viscosity liquid
- Active ingredient (%) 74 – 78
- Freezing point -20°C
- pH (as supplied) 10.5-11.5
- Flash point (Tag closed cup) 46°C
- Solubility Soluble in water, alcohols, some hydrocarbons
*Values shown are typical properties and are not to be considered product specifications. Test methods available upon request.
- Significant increase in shrinkage temperature during pre-tanning (allowing hot aqueous degreasing)
- High reactivity with collagen and casein, allowing curing over a range of ambient temperatures
- Improved chrome utilization
- Increased fixation of vegetable tannages
- Color stability (good for wet whites)
- Excellent for both chrome and free-of-chrome (FOC) wet white tannages
Broadly registered for use in all major geographies
Need a Sample? Questions?
Fill out this form to contact our customer care team.
Would you like to*