TRIS AMINO™ Buffer offers a cost-effective solution for lab and commercial applications where regulatory requirements are less stringent and do not require a monograph or to be produced under cGMP. TRIS AMINO Buffer is manufactured under a single global quality management system that includes ISO 9001:2015, with process controls and monitoring in a non-cGMP environment. TRIS AMINO Buffer is commonly used in diagnostic testing and as a processing aid in the purification of biological molecules where it provides mild alkalinity for buffering at physiological pH levels. TRIS AMINO Buffer is available in a Standard Grade (99.3% purity) and an ACS Grade (99.8% purity) that conforms to American Chemical Society (ACS) standards.
- General Diagnostics Reagent
- CoV-SARS2 (COVID) Diagnostic Test Kits
- Processing Aid for Commercial Protein Purification (Biologics DSP)
- Raw Material for Insulin Manufacturing
- Research and Development (R&D) Applications
- Analytical Chromatography
- Electrophoresis and PCR
- pH Buffering of Enzymes in Biotechnology Applications
- Blood Plasma Fractionation
- Purity 99.3% to 99.8%
- Molecular weight 121.14
- Melting point 168-172°C
- pKa @ 20°C 8.3
- pKa @ 37°C 7.8
- pKa/°C -0.03
- pH of 0.1M aqueous solution (20°C) 10.4
- Δ pH/10X dilution -0.05 to -0.10
*Values shown are typical properties and are not to be considered product specifications. Test methods available upon request.
- Manufactured under ISO 9001:2015 with strict process controls and monitoring
- Manufactured in the USA
- Fully traceable supply chain with full line of sight to base raw materials
- Can maintain pH from 7 to 9 by utilizing a combination of free base and its salts
- Chemical stabilization in aqueous formulations and exhibits minimal salt effects
- Structure has both amine and alcohol functionality to provide versatile chemical reactivity
- Proven safe use in commercial diagnostic test kits and drug products
Broadly registered for use in all major geographies
FDA approved inactive ingredient in approved drug products
Listed on EPA inert ingredient database for non-food use
Need a Sample? Questions?
Fill out this form to contact our customer care team.
Would you like to*