BIS-TRIS is a 99.0% pure buffering agent widely used as a diagnostic reagent and in gel electrophoresis separations, cell culture and bioprocessing applications. With a pKa of 6.36, BIS-TRIS is ideal for a variety of biological-based formulations and nucleic acid systems. In addition, it is known to complex with various metals.
- Purification of Biological Molecules (Downstream Processing)
- Raw Materials for API / Drug Substance Formulation
- Cell Culture Buffer
- Fractionation of Hemoglobin
- Gel Electrophoresis
- Diagnostics Reagents
- Research and Development Buffer (R&D)
- Analytical Chromatography
- Non-Sterile Excipient
- Purity 99.0%
- Molecular weight 209.24
- Melting point 100.0 – 104.0°C
- pH (1.0M aqueous solution @25°C) 9.5 – 11.0
- pKa @ 20°C 6.35 – 6.65
*Values shown are typical properties and are not to be considered product specifications. Test methods available upon request.
- High purity, 99.0%
- Produced under a single global quality system that includes ISO 9001:2015
- Proven safe use in commercial drug products
- Highly soluble in water
- Ideal for use as an alternative to cacodylate, maleic acid and citrate
Broadly registered for use in all major geographies
Need a Sample? Questions?
Fill out this form to contact our customer care team.
Would you like to*