Why is ANGUS changing its name and rebranding as Advancion (pronounced: “Advan-see-on”)?
A lot has changed in the world and with our Company in the 40-plus years since we first began operating as ANGUS (which is actually an acronym for Alberta Natural Gas United States). In that time, we have made significant investments in new product and application development, capacity expansions, and our recent acquisition of Expression Systems, LLC, that have reshaped our Company into a leading global producer of specialty ingredients for Life Sciences, Personal Care and other essential markets.
While our Company has evolved over the decades, what has not changed is our approach to challenges or our corporate commitment to design and develop consumables and ingredients that enrich lives and enable our customers to advance the world.
Our new name, Advancion, emphasizes the core of who we are, and it captures the essential nature of the ingredients and expertise we provide. The name also reflects the extraordinary outcomes our products and our people help deliver in the form of life-saving medical treatments, clean water, reliable food sources and other innovative products that improve our health, homes and environment.
When will the transition to the new Advancion name take place?
We are targeting to complete the new name / brand transition at the end of August 2023.
What will change with the rebranding and corporate name change?
Although our global company name, logo and corporate legal entity name in the U.S. will change, most things will not. The following items WILL NOT CHANGE as a result of our brand transition:
- Our global quality management system
- Processes for change control including change notifications
- Manufacturing processes and equipment used in the manufacturing of our products
- Manufacturing locations
- Bank account and U.S. Federal ID number(s)
- Legal entity names, addresses, registration numbers and bank account numbers outside of the U.S.
- Products and product specifications will not change, however the Company brand name and Company logo will be updated on product documentation
- Product names and tradenames
- Product part / GMID numbers
- Batch / lot numbering systems
- Analytical methods and Quality release claims
- Terms of legal agreements will remain in effect according to their respective terms
- Existing supply chain and distribution channels will continue to be utilized to store, distribute and transport products
- Your account teams and contacts
For a comprehensive overview of what is changing as part of the rebranding and corporate name change, please refer to our May 4, 2023, Customer Change Notification.
Will product names or branding change?
Will there be changes to the existing ANGUS legal entity(ies) I currently do business with?
The ANGUS Chemical Company legal entity in the U.S. will change with the transition to the new corporate name. More information on the new legal entity name will be provided in the near future. However, there will be no changes to the bank accounts, lock boxes, federal ID number, or any other transactional information related to the renaming of the ANGUS Chemical Company legal entity in the U.S. This is only a corporate name change.
All of our current legal entity names, addresses, registration numbers, bank account numbers, etc. outside of the U.S. will NOT change as part of the corporate rebranding.
Will the company still manufacture the same products as it does today?
Yes. The rebranding and corporate name change will NOT change the products manufactured by the company today.
Will the ANGUS.com email addresses and / or website address change?
Our website address and domain name will change to advancionsciences.com with the transition to the new Advancion name on August 31. The angus.com website address and @angus.com email addresses will be forwarded to the new @advancionsciences.com address to ensure continuity of service and communications. Functional email boxes will also transition to the new domain address (e.g., email@example.com). Emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will continue to be received to ensure continuity of service and communications.